Tuesday, March 26, 2013

It's Final

Today we held the official adoption proceedings. It is just more signing the paperwork and they ask a few questions and boom it's finished. Actually I was really happy because they gave us a traditional Mongolian outfit for Taite and the orphanage had been putting together an album of Taite since she was there. It has dates of when she did things and a lot of photos. The only thing is that I will have to get it translated but it was absolutely beautiful and I am thankful that we have all of this information about her.
After the adoption I was very blessed with company. Jackie, Rich and Gavin stayed and ate lunch and had some playtime with us. I was so happy to have people to talk to and they are great company. I am so thankful that I have met them and we will get to spend more time together over the next 9 days. Their son Gavin is a real little cutie too.
After all of that Taite took a nap and our guide was supposed to take us to go shopping. Unfortunately the paperwork took longer to register and she was unable to meet us so I took Taite up to the pool. That did not go over that well with her and hopefully over the next few months she will warm up to the water since we all love the beach and the pool so much. Then we just had some girl time and ordered room service for dinner. We wound down with a bath and some play time and soon it will be bed time for little on. Right now she is fixated on a mini magna doodle. I thought she would never put down her toy phone and play with something else. She has definitely warmed up to me today and even said 4 words now. Now she did finally say one word in english and that was button. I guess she keeps hearing it from her toy. I amalso  amazed that I asked her to do hi five and she knew what that was. I put my hand up and she did it. I think she will pick everything up quickly.





No comments: