Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Big Decisions













Well, I guess after much talk I guess we can announce to say that we are going to start proceeding with our second adoption. I had a conversation, with my good adoption friend Jamie, on Friday night and it made me realize that we need to start moving forward with our next adoption. She made me realize, that God will make it happen and the money for it will come. If he leads us we should follow. So I talked to Keith and he is ready, set, go. Adoption has touched our lives dramatically and we really can't wait to expand our family even more. After talking to Jamie, I also realized that God is calling us to Vietnam again. We kept looking into other programs and agencies but none seem to fit like Vietnam and CHI. So we are going to start moving forward to get a homestudy update (luckily ours is not that old so we do not have to start all over). I also talked with our CHI rep today and she said we can officially start moving on some paperwork but we just can't actually apply until January because we have to wait until 6 months from our last adoption. We also have decided to move forward to adopt a little girl again regardless of the wait. I know many may say that is crazy but financially it will give us a bit more time to get all our ducks in a row, I had always wanted a sister (not that I want to give up my brother), plus financially it was be less of a burden because of course we have an over abundance of girl stuff. So we will be starting a new blog after we decide on a name for the next little one. (WE NEED HELP ON THIS SO PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE NAME.)
I feel like I missed out on so much because I did not start Lennah's blog until after her referral and I wish I would have the beginning steps more documents. I am not shutting down this blog because this is Lennah's and we need to keep her amazing story going and inform all of our friends, that we have made throughout our adoption journey, on how she is doing. SO PLEASE KEEP READING. In addition, we want each of our children to have something of their own. We hope everything goes as smoothly for this adoption as it did for our last. I know so many families have been upset with some recent problems with some Vietnamese adoptions but I truly feel that CHI is the best agency to be with. We also will be opening up to special needs this time around right from the start. Lennah was a waiting child and she is doing extremely well. Hopefully, this will help ease some of the extended wait times. I will keep everyone posted on how we are coming with this. To help also ease the financial burden I am going to work on cheesecake fundraisers. I used to sell cheesecakes a few years ago for extra income. (It is a special talent to make an awesome cheesecake) Anyway, we are hoping that some fundraising efforts will help us with Baby girl #2.

Well, after all my babbling here are some new pictures of Lennah. Hope everyone enjoys.

4 comments:

Chip and Sara said...

That is so exciting and makes me so happy to hear!! We've been trying to decide what we will do for baby #2! We couldn't be happier with how God blessed our lives with Aaron!

Christi Crow said...

Yeah! I am soooo excited for you guys! I can't wait to see Leenah as a big sister!

Jessica and Eddie said...

So happy for you guys and Lennah will love to be a Big Sister!!!

Unknown said...

Awesome..Cant wait to read the next story in your life