Monday, February 18, 2008

Ethiopian Adoption Group and More

A hug goodbye with Chevella
A swinging big sister


Playing Basketball with Addison


Addison




Lennah's new friend Chevella




Well, Saturday Keith, Lennah, and I headed to a local Ethiopian adoption group that meets once a month. I have to say we had a great time. It was nice meeting other families who are like ours. It was also great to see Lennah play with the other kids and to know what a great big sister she will be to Delylah. I did struggle with where I should make this post; do I put it on Lennah's journey or do I put it on here. I decided to here because I do attend first fridays for since I have been home with Lennah which is mainly a China adoption group. I guess I feel like that is Lennah's group because she is of Asian descent and so are her new found friends from there. So I decided that we would not have visited this group without our impending adoption of Delylah so it rightfully belongs here. We met some great people that we will hopefully get to know better on our journey to bring home Delylah. I am so happy that we have been able to find support groups for our children to become a part of.
Cute stuff

On a second note I did a little shopping today. Before Lennah's adoption we did not purchase clothing because we were unsure of the gender even though CHI had told us to most likely expect a boy. We were glad we didn't make any purchases. Anyway, since we have requested another daughter I have been set on using Lennah's clothing for Delylah (providing they are around the same size on the same season) but today I could not help myself but to make two purchases and Delylah will need some of her own stuff to not feel like great I get left overs. Anway, I got her a little shirt that says I am the little sister and a photo frame for her room that says me and my sister. I am so happy that the girls will be so close in age and hopefully they will love each other more than any other two sisters ever could.


No comments: