Monday, July 26, 2010

Happenings

Happy Adoption Day Girls
3rd Gotcha Day

I have been so backed up I have not had a chance to post. I am especially angry with myself because I needed to post two important days and hadn't gotten around to them yet. Anyway, on July 21st we hit our 3rd gotcha day for Lennah. It is just so amazing that she has been with us for 3 years and also so sad that time is going by so quickly and our beautiful little girl is growing up on us. We don't do big celebrations but being that she has a grasp of her adoption we showed her pictures and talked to her that three years ago to that very day Mommy and Daddy got to meet her for the first time in Vietnam. Honestly, I never thought a three year old could understand her adoption so well. Several weeks ago we were in a doctors office and there was a huge wall map and I showed her where we live, where she is from, and where her sister is from (we are really trying to get her into geography being that we are an international family and mommy does teach it) and she asked if she could go visit her other mommy in Vietnam. Yes she gets it that she had another mommy that could not take care of her because she was sick. When I told her that I wouldn't not know where to find her she told me that it was sad. Lennah could be so sweet sometimes. Don't get me wrong everyone knows our little Lennah could be a hyper wild child but she just amazes me sometimes.


Of course two days after gotcha day is the big day in our home because it was adoption day for both the girls. Delylah hit the 2 year mark as our little girl and obviously for Lennah it was her 3rd. Delylah still has her gotcha day to come but I just can still remember praying that we would get to be Delylah's parents and really hitting a low point where we thought we would lose her since there were problems with her orphanage. It was just a miracle that two years ago we got the call saying the court granted the adoption.


We did have a mini celebration because Keith had to work. Each girl got a little present. Lennah got a little scooter and Delylah has been into her toy kitchen so she got a whole big toy food set. Oh and we got a beta fish now named Eleanor. The girls were so excited and we talked about how it is a special day just for both of them.


Since all those happenings last week we have been busy. Lennah has been going to Princess camp this week so I have been lucky to have some one on one time with Delylah. I also had a yard sale thanks to Starbucks. They hosted one for free and you just had to sign up and bring all your stuff there to sell this past Sunday. We figured we needed to do some major cleaning out since we know we will be having additions to the family soon.


ON that note, we sort of have a referral. Once we know more we will update everyone but we are trying not to get too excited since this is totally different than our other adoptions. We still have to get the profile for the kids (yes kids more than one) so we should hopefully know more by Friday.

One last note. For all my fellow Vietnamese adoptive moms. I am in the middle of reading a book called If you lived here by Dana Sachs. It is a fictional novel based on a women adopting from Vietnam. So far it is a good read so take a look at this book. I picked it up I think for a few dollars used on amazon.



1 comment:

Christi Crow said...

Congrats on the referral! I hope the waiting goes by fast for you!! Can you believe it's been 3 years since we met our little sweeties!?