Monday, August 22, 2011

School Days











It has been a busy few weeks around here. As of today all of the kids have started school; well Delylah is enrolled in full-time day care but everyone else has started school. Heather, Logan, and Zach have had a relatively smooth transition going from Ohio to Georgia. They are adapting well and hopefully going to keep up the good work. I think the hardest part has just been trying to get into everyday routines. It is homework at night and that alone has kept all the kids busy. Then to boot Logan has started karate while Heather and Zach are still going strong with gymnastics.
As for Lennah today we had her first day of pre-k. We went to open house on Thursday and they already gave Lennah a poster project that was going to be all about her. It was fun to watch her do some homework over the weekend and for me to get in there and help her. As much fun as that was Lennah starting school gives me such mixed emotions because I want to watch my little girl grow up but I am so sad that time has flown by. I feel like I have not gotten enough time with her to enjoy the little years. I am also sad because it means that next year Delylah starts pre-k and all my babies have grown up. Because of Keith's work schedule we have also decided to put Delylah in full time day care. I didn't realize how sad it made him. He said he was lonely today because the kids weren't home to keep him on his toes. As much as a loud house could drive us nuts a silent does as well.
Beyond school it is just a busy life here and we are off to a busy vacation in a few weeks that hopefully we will all enjoy. The kids still have not figured out the big secret and hopefully they will be estatic once they get to Disney. Well let me re-phrase I know Lennah and Delylah will be thrilled but I hope that Heather, Logan, and Zach will be too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it all goes well

FevieMetzen said...

we also have day care and project hope in my country.... kids/children should given proper attention such as sending them to school to develop their skills at an early age...

so nice!