Monday, April 16, 2012

Ohio











Hi have been so preoccupied with baby Taite that I am behind on a typical post from taking a trip. Two weeks ago for spring break I packed up the kids and took them to Ohio. Yes! I am a brave one to take five kids alone. Keith had work and with family vacations and the impending adoption we thought it would be best if I go solo to Ohio. There were two reasons for the trip' one being taking the big kids to see their grandma and for the little ones and myself to visit with our friends Jamie, Chloe, Wesleigh, Lilly, Abel, and Frank.
I have to say that amazingly all 5 kids were pretty well behaved in the car. That was monumental because you would expect that 5 kids would totally drive me crazy trapped in a car for several hours. We dropped off Heather, Logan, and Zach for a few day visit with their grandma and they were able to visit their foster mom and their aunt while visiting. The little ones and myself headed up to Cleveland.
We had an awesome time visiting with the Sereikas. They are such wonderful people and we love spending time with them. Too bad we live so far apart and we only get to get together every once in a while. We had a great visit to the natural history museum, science museum, and a totally awesome market while we visited our friends. We also went to a great Ethiopian restaurant whiel there. I was shocked because Delylah typically has not enjoyed Ethiopian food and she chowed down that night.
The kids also had a lot of fun and it was wonderful seeing them together with their friends. It is amazing that Lennah and Lilly were once in an orphanage in Vietnam together and Abel and Delylah were once together thousands of miles away at an orphanage in Ethiopia. Abel was so amazing he even remembered when I came to the orphanage to get Delylah and he was playing in the car I was brought to the orphanage in. I am so thankful for the friendship and bond that has forged between our two families and I love that our kids can grow up and maintain these special bonds.

No comments: