Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Almost here

Heather's room

Zach and Logan's room

Lennah and Delylah's room


Well we are going to head up and get the kids this weekend. We have been working so hard at getting the house ready, the girls prepared, and just ourselves prepared. It is crazy that we will be a family of 7 in just a few days.
I have finally gotten all the rooms ready. It was a lot of work to consolidate, get rid of stuff, and just about reorganize most of the house but I am very proud of how it came out.
Lennah and Delylah now share a room and I am so happy with the finished product. We used Delylah's dressers which were French white and we had gotten really lucky and found bunk beds that matched that color wonderfully. I also did the room up really girly and went with pink and blue. I repainted the letters on their walls from when they were babies and just picked up some really cute girly decor. They are loving there new room.
Heather has a very girly tween room. I had Lennah's black furniture and I had this vision of hot pink, black, and white so I just went with it. I found some great bedding and thank goodness for hobby lobby because they had the cutest accents that just went so well with everything.
The boys have a superhero lovers dream room. Keith collected comic books when he was younger so I had found some marvel comic bedding and had an idea. I found some comic book photo frames and wound up using what we had as wall art. I also decided I wanted the boys to have book shelves since I am an avid reader and their furniture didn't have any shelving. I decided to paint some wood to match the bunk beds and what do you know it came out great. We were also lucky because we didn't have to buy dressers since we had re-furnished some old furnture years ago and it just goes with the room.
Overall Keith and I have worked really hard making a home for the kids; we just hope they love it when they get here. Now for the drive on Sunday and then packing the kids up in the car on Monday. The babies are staying home with my parents. Hopefully my mom won't pull her hair out of her head too bad while we are gone.
I am sure next week I will have lots to post.

No comments: