Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Home and Settling In






Unity candle ceremony bringing our family together

The cermony at the Giving Tree
The kids with their workers Kalee and Lindsey
Well it has been an eventful few days. Keith and I went solo to bring the kids back from Ohio. We got in early Sunday night and then Monday morning took care of all the paperwork and then headed to load up the car with the kids. Overall everything went really smooth and the kids were all ready to go and check out their new house. Well as we were getting close to home a warning light went on and now the van is in the shop. Obviously this is not good when you have a family of 7 and that is the only vehicle that fits the whole family. Thank goodness my parents have let me borrow their truck that at least fits all the kids and myself while the van gets fixed. Anyway, Monday night we got home around 915 pm and the little ones were up waiting for us to arrive. It became chaos at our house. The little ones thought it was play time and I had a real hard time convincing them that they could play with their brothers and sister tomorrow.
The second day was really just getting settled in and into some sort of normal daily life. Keith took Logan, Zach, and Delylah to the movies and I took Lennah and Heather with me to run errands and to take Lennah to gymnastics. Heather watched Lennah and now she wants to try it out. I also decided to be brazen and take all the kids to publix. I was actually amazed at how well behaved everyone was. Honestly it is almost easier with a large family because the babies are so preoccupied with playing with the older kids they aren't fighting with each other and doing any of the usual crazy stuff like chasing each other around the house (I am sure that sooner or later this novelty will wear off and the little ones will be back to their usual selves).
Today we also had a busy day since they had a cermony down at the giving tree, our adoption agency, for the kids. It was very nice and unexpected. They had a cake and read a great poem about the bonds of family and had a wonderful prayer for us. It was a great celebration of bringing us all together. Tonight the kids all said different prayers at dinner and Zach really said a wonderful prayer thanking God for giving him a forever family. I just hope and pray that we can always be those patient, loving, and caring parents that these children need. I am sure at times we are going to have challenges but we are definitely in this for the long haul to give these kids everything they need.

3 comments:

Mindee said...

Congratulations! You all are in my prayers. What a huge blessing and huge adjustment too.
Mindee

La Dolce Vita: The Sweet Life said...

So happy for you. I'll say a prayer for you as you transition. :)

Inspector Clouseau said...

It takes special people to do what you do.


Nice work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the blue Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.