Friday, December 21, 2007

5 months Ago today

Ms. Kelli and Lennah










Sometimes you often forget what a special day it is and today I almost did. I realized a little while after getting up that it was 5 months ago today since Lennah's gotcha day. It is so hard to believe that our little miracle has been with us for 5 months. She has grown so much in these past few months. We actually went for our 1 year visit yesterday and she is now 20.6 pounds and 30 inches tall. That is a long way from 14 pounds. It is also amazing to see her development and how rapidly she is advancing. I could keep bragging about her forever.
Yesterday was also a fun day because we met up with Kim, Michael, and Sheridan for lunch. It is always wonderful to meet with them. Sheridan is also doing wonderful for being home only a few months and his speech is amazing. I think we expect these kids to take awhile to adjust but sometimes they truly surprise you. Today, we also met up with Ms. Kelli who is also in the process of adopting from Vietnam. I look forward to meeting her little darling when she gets home. I know I have said this before but adoption really is amazing because it brings so many people into your life. I know for some of us out there we have lost friends and loved ones because they cannot understand why you choose to adopt, or why you are adopting outside your race, or even why take a baby with a special need. You may lose some but you gain so much more. I know that the people I cross paths with along the way will be there for a long time because we can turn to each other with problems, concerns, and support that we may not get from outside the adoptive community. So here is to long time new friends.
We also have more great news to report. My closest adoptive family friends (the Sereika's) are jumping into an Ethiopian adoption with me. They were really weighing heavily on going back to Vietnam but while looking at programs they decided to take that leap of faith and head to Africa. It is wonderful to now be going through another adoptive experience with them. I have to thank the Hoffmans for this because I think neither one of our families would be taking this route if it weren't for them.
I guess I would like to wrap up by giving thanks this holiday season to everyone who has become a part of our lives and our family. This year we truly have so much to be thankful for. Most important for God who has made this Christmas the most special because Keith and I have the most beautiful daughter to be thankful for. We want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas (Yes! Not a Happy Holiday) because we are celebrating Christs birth and a Happy New Year. I should have lots to post soon with the massive unwrapping of gifts Lennah will be doing in a few days and our impending trip to NY.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Merry Christmas to you too! Glad adoption brought our paths together as well. So happy for you guys and your pending ebaby :)

Laura said...

AWWW! You are too kind! We are just thrilled you will be heading to Ethiopia, too. You never know! We COULD be going around the same time!!

Here's to a speedy referral!! Remember, we received ours in EIGHT yes, count them, EIGHT days once our dossier was authenticated in Ethiopia!

Hugs to you guys!

laura

Tymm said...

We are beyond thrilled that God has opened your heart to Ethiopia.

We couldn't be happier! We will be watching your website to see your status - and like Laura said - how dope would it be if we travelled at the same time?

Happy New Years to you guys and I hope you are blessed again and again in 2008.