Thursday, December 13, 2007

Our Decision

I guess I am a few days behind I am making the first official post on Delylah's website. On Monday (my birthday) Keith and I officially contacted our agency and made the decision to go ahead with an Ethiopian adoption. This had weighed on our hearts before Lennah even came home that we would most likely adopt from Ethiopia next. However, our agency for Lennah's adoption had different requirements; as did others, that made us think that we would be making another trip to Vietnam to expand our family. Well, a few months ago we met a wonderful couple who are now waiting to travel to pick up their son from Ethiopia and told us about their agency. Well, it looks like we will meet all the requirements and will be applying to them. So the paper chase for number 2 is about to begin. I don't forsee any issues just going through hoops that we thought we would avoid because our other adoption was so recent but of course nothing is easy with an international adoption. So I guess you can say we are proud to announce our decision to adopt a baby girl whom we plan on naming Delylah Aviella. Some may question our decision to not request a boy, but I had always wanted a sister so I am hoping that our girls have a bond that I never had the experience of. We do, at some point, plan on adopting an older boy; whether it is here meaning domestically or abroad at some point in the future. Since we would like to have three of four children. Thus begins our journey to bring another daughter into our hearts and lives. Please follow us and keep us in your prayers.

No comments: