Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Fingerprints Done

Yesterday Keith and I had our fingerprints done to complete our I-600A application. I guess when you go in the middle of the week it becomes a quick process. Of course I had to miss work and we did request a Saturday appointment but they quickly disregarded that request. I am becoming anxious because Delylah's abandonment period is up in 19 days. We are just praying that our paperwork comes through so we can beat the court closing. Even though Ethiopia is now allowing children to be free for adoption 60 days after they are abandoned it is taking about another month to get clearance from the MOWA. So we should accoding to my calculations have a court date around the end of July and travel the end of August.
We also have not heard a lot of news about Delylah recently. With the power outages in Ethiopia our agency is having a really hard time getting in touch with their in country staff.
Hopefully, we can touch base with more families traveling to her orphanage so we can get some updates and photos from them.

No comments: