Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sad News for the Adoption Community


Keith and I began our adoption journey several years ago. When we first researched we looked at America World Adoptions and was drawn to their China program. Steven Curtis Chapman was involved in this agency and was the main reason I was so drawn to adoption because of the video I viewed on his families personal experience. Unfortunately, we were too young for China and found our way to Vietnam but I am a fan of his music and a strong supporter of what he has down for the adoption community with his foundation Shaohannah's Hope. Sadly, he has adopted three girls from China and the youngest girl Maria was hit by a car today and passed away. This is truly a loss for such a wonderful family. Please keep them in your prayers. I cannot imagine the pain they are feeling but hopefully God will provide them with the comfort they need in this sad time in their lives.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Heartbreaking. May God be glorified in during this tragic, emotional time. I pray they find the encouragment that they have provided for thousands of families like yours and mine.

We miss you!!