Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother' Day















Yesterday I was blessed with a wonderful Mother's Day. First I got lots of flowers. Even my parents got me flowers for my first Mother's Day with Lennah home and Keith bought me flowers. Saturday, my parents watched Lennah so Keith and I had a date night (Japanese Steakhouse and movie). Hopefully, we are not too terrible of parents but she did have an ear infection and have a bronchiole infection and we did not want to turn down our first real night out. Obviously, we would not have left her with anyone but my parents in this situation. Yesterday, we had Lennah's baby dedication as well. What a wonderful day to dedicate your baby to God. He was the one who blessed us with such a beautiful little girl so we need to give him all the thanks.

Keith also got me a beautiful engraved photo album from the girl's. I know Delylah isn't home yet but she is still our daughter. We had a great dinner and just a wonderful day of being pampered. I am sure this is the first of many to come. Last year it was sad because I was a mother but Lennah was thousands of miles away. This year Lennah is home but our other daughter is thousands of miles away.

Well, we are down to only two weeks left until Delylah's abandonment period is up. This means that once this period is up, the orphanage will apply to take over custody this could take any where from one to four weeks. From there they will apply for a court date for her to become ours. So hopefully they will schedule a court date for mid July and we should travel mid August. I just hope everything goes as planned.
I hope all of you out there had a wonderful Mother's Day those who are already moms and moms in waiting.


Here are some recent photos and some of mother's day

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day! Looks like a special day.

Christi Crow said...

Happy Mother's Day! And yes, I can not wait to be in Disney World. I know Jolea is really going to love it. She is such a little princess.

Kelli said...

I could not love Lennah's piggies anymore! Too cute. Congrats on your first Mother's Day. What a blessing!

Angela and Jay said...

Glad that you had a great Mother's Day!! Hope to see you at the next FF! :-)