Friday, July 27, 2007

Free Day











Today was a free day so we decided to relax and just visit the zoo. The zoo is not like the ones back home. Most of the animals did not have a lot of space to move around; nothing like what we have back home. Lennah enjoyed it for a little while and then I think the heat was too much. What was really strange was that in some of the large animals areas like near the orstriches there were cats (domesticated) in there. The zoo was a real bargain at only $1.00 for us both. We tried to avoid Vietnamese food today and hit an Italian restaurant for lunch that we visited earlier this week and went to an Irish pub for dinner. At the pub the workers carried Lennah around while we ate. It was kind of nice not to have to plop her on my lap. None of the high chairs here have fronts or straps so she stays on our laps while we eat since she wants no part of the stroller unless it is moving. This afternoon we just hung out in the room. I was hoping Lennah would take a long nap but no she takes short 30 minute naps. I think she is going to drive grandpa crazy when I go back to work since she is not a sleeper. What is amazing is how she is developing in one week. She can stand on her own without holding on for about 2 seconds. She will also work with you if you hold her hands. We don't do this a lot but she loves it.




We also want to give everyone a big thanks for all the wonderful emails and comments we have received. I know I have not gotten back to most of you but we will when we return.

3 comments:

MandyJo013078 said...

Catherine -
I just wanted to say that I really have enjoyed reading your blog and all the pictures of Lennah. I know that Vietnam was definitely my second choice and might have been my first choice if I wasn't a single adoptive mom. She is so beautiful. I'm so glad that you've been blessed with her and she with you and a forever family. I hope you have a safe trip home to the states.
MandyJo

Shannon said...

I love checking in on you guys. She is so very beautiful! It looks like you are all getting along so well. I am keeping you in my prayers!!
Very BEst!
shannon

Kathryn said...

It;s fantastic to hear that she is already developing so well in just a little over a week.