Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Visa and Sad News

Today our visas came back from the embassy that was very quick. All we are now waiting on is receiving our tickets in the mail tomorrow.
Although we are filled with a time of joy there are others out there that are filled with sadness. Another mom that I have been talking with received some bad news that her daughter passed away Sunday. I could not imagine what she is going through right now but please keep her in your prayers tonight that she has some comfort knowing that the Lord is keeping her baby girl safe in heaven. It also makes me sad to know that in many cases that these children cannot get the care they need while they are in an orphanage. Although these workers love these children and try their best to keep them healthy they have limited resources to provide them all the services they need.
On a more positive note the families that were finishing up their adoptions are on their way home tonight. Please keep them in your prayers that they make it home safe and sound. I know many of us are anxious to hear of their travels.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Gosh, I can't imagine the pain they must feel. And your right, it was a passing that may have been prevented had the baby had the proper care. I think that is why it is so important for us to do all that we can to help these children. Whether it is thru a sponsorship or bringing a child home through adoption. I think sometimes we take our lives and our way of life for granted. We are so very blessed to know that all of our basic needs can be met. Some people will never have that opportunity and that is so very sad.

The Ben Show said...

Oh my gosh, my heart is breaking right now. I cannot imagine what they are going through, we would be unimaginably devastated. I will add them to our prayer list. If I can ask, is this a CHI family? I only ask b/c I wonder if it's one that we know. God bless you on your travels.

Jessica and Eddie said...

That is very sad news and I will keep the family in my prayers. I cannot imagine the heart ache they are feeling.

I wish your family the best of luck as you begin your travel. I will keep you and all other families in my thoughts and prayers.