Saturday, July 21, 2007

Gotcha Day
















Well we made it to Vietnam and all our luggage was there. Today, has certainly been an experience. We made it to the hotel through all the crazy traffic and had an hour or so to get ready then they took us to the orphanage. It was such a shocking moment. I think you wait for this moment and you never know how you or they will react. She came right to me. Although I was the first one to hold her I think she has a special bond with her daddy. The whole way back to the hotel she barely left his arms. She is a daddy's girl. Overall, she has been extremely content. She did fuss if we tried to put her down a bit but she hasn't actually cried. When she gets made she scrunches her face it is so funny. Lennah enjoyed her first bath just splashing away in the tub. She always went to bed without a hitch. After the last of her bottle she went in her crib rolled around for a few minutes and went to sleep. Tomorrow is a free day so we will probably explore and maybe take Lennah to the rooftop pool since she enjoyed her bath so much.










I am sorry to report that we did not meet any other children today. THey brought the babies to us and we did not see anyone else. I am sorry to those I was hoping to get pictures for I really did not think this would happen.

7 comments:

Casey and Carra said...

Congratulations Guys!!! She is so beautiful.

Kim said...

You both look so HAPPY! Glad the transition has been a smooth one so far. Lennah is beautiful and looks very healthy.

Chip and Sara said...

It makes me feel choked up to see you finally with her! Congratulations! What beautiful pictures!

Unknown said...

Kim and Mike sent me over and what a beautiful post for me to find! Congrats!

Jenni Shoemaker said...

Congratulations on a beautiful little girl - enjoy her and your time in Vietnam.
Blessings,
Jenni Shoemaker

Donna said...

What a cutie pie you have there! I am so jealous ;) Enjoy your new baby and I will keep you all in my prayers. Thanks for blogging and letting us live vicariously through you all.

Shannon said...

Congratulations!!! She is beautiful!!!