Monday, September 8, 2008












Today was a fun day. I took Lennah to breakfast to Chikfila for a little Mommy and Lennah bonding time and then took her to get her nails polished. Yes! She is a little young but I want to spend some time alone with her just so she knows we did not push her aside for her new baby sister. Although when we got in the car she pointed at Delylah's seat and said baby. It is funny in how in the 2 1/2 weeks we have been home she knows Delylah belongs with us.


I talked today with another family who is waiting to bring home her daughter. She had a lot of questions for me about Ethiopia and my experience and I had to be honest with her and tell her about how I was so depressed leaving the orphanage because I wanted to take all the children with me. I know I have tried to make an impact on the lives of orphans but I feel that I am not doing enough because no matter how many children we adopt or when we make a donation to a cause for orphans it does not change the fact that there are millions more waiting for homes. Just talking to this family makes me think about this and how I really wish I could do more to help. Sorry to depress anyone out there.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your honesty and the beautiful pics

Our family said...

I have the same feeling after leaving with Yonas. Who knows, maybe we'll go back!

Mary

Momma Dana said...

I know the feeling...what can we do when there are still 20 million+ orphans, even after we adopt. I remember hearing someone say that to the world, that (adopting one or two kids) may not be much, but remember, to our kids, what we have done, for them, is the world.