Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Chaos

Big Ba and Delylah

Grandma and Delylah

Lennah's Boo Boo


Lennah is reverting back into the high chair
Just Too Cute

Lennah before dance class
This is my favorite


Mommy and her beautiful girls

Our very diverse family





Well it has been a few days since my last post that is because things have been kind of crazy around here. Saturday we decided to visit some friends who have not seen Delylah yet. We are having a fun day and of course things can easily go sour when a toddler is around. Lennah was standing near the stairs; of course my instinct was to yell to get away from them and what happens next, Lennah backed up and went down two stairs. This would not have been bad but she was near the wall of the stairs and she turned getting her eye brow straight into the wood on the edge. We rushed her to the ER because she was bleeding pretty badly and she wound up getting 6 stitches. This is not even the bad part. They have her some medicine that is supposed to calm you down while in very rare cases this medicine can have the opposite affect and you guessed it Lennah is one of those rare cases. Out of nowhere she starts literally beating Keith and I up. She freaked out and the medicine made her crazy (sorry as to describe my daughter as crazy) she was scratching, kicking, hitting. It was awful and the only thing we could do was wait out the effects of the medicine. This was definitely not an enjoyable Saturday. We are still getting over all the trauma.


Today Lennah started dance class. She took 2 classes over the summer and due to miscommunication she missed out on several of them so it was like her starting all over again. She looked so cute in her little leotard. She enjoys running around and dancing with the other kids and today she made a new friend and when she left class they hugged goodbye.


Essentially, life with two little ones is not as bad as most would like to think. Today was my first day without Keith home and I survived taking care of the girls just fine. I managed to cook dinner, bathe both kids, and get them down for bed without having a mommy meltdown.

Enjoy all the photos and I got my portraits emailed to me today so I am posting our professional pics as well. Of course I had to have new ones done as soon as Delylah got home.

6 comments:

Jessica and Eddie said...

Your family is beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!! And congratulations! Your girls are both just beautiful!!

Christi Crow said...

Cathy, your family is absolutely beautiful! Delylah looks amazing! I bet Lennah is loving being a big sister. I love the picture in her dance clothes!

The Ben Show said...

What a beautiful family! So sorry about the ER trauma, that is scary.

Steve and Aimee Walker said...

Sounds like things have been crazy. The picture that you labeled as you favorite is a GREAT photo. It's a perfect picture.

Anonymous said...

OMG you girls are beautiful and I also noticed your dog...is it an American Eskimo? that's what kind of dog I have, you don't see them often :) God Bless your entire family!

Felicia in NC