Monday, September 22, 2008

General Updates















Well I have been busy since my last post. Between school (I am working on my Doctorate), work, 2 kids, 4 pets, and a husband life is constantly going. But life is still wonderful with our two girls and we wouldn't trade our crazy life for the world.

we have had Delylah for 5 1/2 weeks (I am counting the time I spent her in Ethiopia). She has grown tremendously in the short time she has been ours. She also turned 8 months old on Saturday. In this short time she went from not being able to do very much to completely rolling over, crawling backwards and sideways (we are working on going forward), sitting up completely by herself, and today she began clapping her hands. I think these are huge milestones in such a short time. I think she just need love and attention to get her thriving. I am just amazed at how quickly she is catching on. I think part of her catching on is because she watches everything so intently. Her and Lennah are such opposites. She likes to watch life and learn where Lennah wants to experience life to learn. I love how they are so different. She is also doing great in the nursery at church; they have not wanted to give her back when we go to pick her up and she is doing great on Mondays at my friend Jenn's house.

Lennah is still doing fairly well as a big sister. She has her moments where she snatches Delylah's toys and then others when she is willing to share. She has also wanted to be a little mommy and she will take Delylah's diapers and diaper her babies since she watches me change Delylah's diapers. Lennah is still working on the potty training here and there. Sometimes she will use the potty once or twice a day others she will bring us diapers to put on her. Go figure. She is still under 22 months so we are not pushing the issue.

In the meantime here are some pics of our beautiful girls. We are truly blessed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cant wait to meet her and see you guys again. Beautful girls

Aimee said...

I am working on my doc too. I feel your pain. :)

The girls look great! I am going to start the whole potty business over Christmas break, I think. Oy!