Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Mommy Intuition





































Well, today was an awesome day. I woke up thinking that I might have pictures of our Lennah today. Anyway, by noon we had eight awesome pictures. I was so amazed when I first saw these because Lennah is sitting up all by herself. For those of you who are unfamiliar with orphanage babies, they are typically developmentally behind 3 months for every year spent in an orphanage. This would mean that Lennah should not be sitting up on her own yet. We thought she may not even sit up until 8 months old. So it is awesome to know that at six months old she is on target and sitting up like a baby who is being cared for at home. Who knows, maybe she is so advanced she will be a child prodigy. LOL. Hopefully we will not miss her crawling. Enjoy the new pictures.


P.S. Keep some new found adoptive friends in your prayers. They were hoping for a travel date to bring home their son whom they've had a referral since January. There have been some paperwork issues and they want him home by his first birthday, which is in August.

6 comments:

Misty said...

She's cute! I thought you might have updates since I received some as well. :) I'm praying for this family too...I feel so bad for them!

Shannon said...

Wow! Not only do you have a beautiful girl, she is strong, too!Love her chubby little cheeks!

Christi Crow said...

She's amazing! I'm sure you can't wait to hold her. We will be praying for the family as well, we know exactly how they feel!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie...I can't believe she's sitting! That family is in our prayers as well. I know how long ago January was! Great to see her again...it will be your turn soon!!!

Kim said...

Baby oh Baby! Wonderful pictures. We will definitely keep that family in our prayers as we so know the road of the tough paperwork and waiting.

Anonymous said...

OMG! She is getting so big so fast! I can't believe it! She is starting to crawl already! So when are you & Keith going to pick her up & bring her back here to Atlanta? I can hardley wait!