Thursday, June 28, 2007

Update

Ok so good and bad news. We are not leaving in 2 weeks. Apparently, we were supposed to go with the group that is leaving this weekend but something got messed up and we weren't notified. Everything happens for a reason because we just applied for a state grant that is for children with special needs and it needs to be approved before the adoption is finalized so this is God's way of making sure that we get those funds. Anyway, to get back to my babbles most likely we are leaving three weeks from today. The agency does not want us to go without a group so they want us to go with the other families that will have G&R's on the 23rd of July. I also heard exciting that another family that has been waiting for months will also be traveling with me so I am thrilled. So all in all I get an extra week to prepare but it is a little dissapointing knowing that we should have been holding Lennah this weekend. I also visited the pediatrician today. Overall, from what information we have she is doing well. He also said that her gross motor skills are advanced since she is sitting up and ready to crawl at her age. He thinks that she will walk by 10 months. I definately better baby proof before she comes home.

4 comments:

K said...

I'm so sorry that you weren't told about your travel arrangements! I bet you are right though- I hope the grant comes through. Lennah is adorable!

The Ben Show said...

I am so excited for you! Hang in there, you'll be with your little one soon!

Shannon said...

Sorry about the travel mix up. I hope that grant comes thru for you, though. That would really be wonderful. Hang in there, you'll have that sweetie home soon.

Tasha Kent said...

Ugh.. sorry about your travel situation. I love reading how other countries' adoption process works.

Best of luck!