Thursday, August 30, 2007

4 Weeks Home


Jamie and Lilly meeting Lennah



Big Ba, Daddy Ba, and Lennah



Mommy, Lennah, and Grandma



Lennah's new Vietnamese doll from Lillian

Can I have a bath??


Today officially marks four weeks home. It has definately been hectic, joyful, and tiresome. Well, I guess the tiresome comes from me going back to work on Monday. Honestly, I was not worried about leaving Lennah because Keith took care of her in the morning and then took her to Grandpa daycare (aka Big Ba our nickname for grandpa). Lennah did give her Big Ba a hard time the first day but things got better. So much for me not worrying the first day. I think I worried more the second day. Going back to work has been a lot harder than I thought because even on the days when I drop Lennah off I only have about an hour in the morning with her and three hours at night so I feel like I never see her. Hopefully, since it is a three day weekend I will make up for lost during the week time. Good news Lennah is sleeping through the night. She sleeps from a little after 7 pm to about 6:30 am. She is also rapidly progressing. Lennah will sit in the middle of the floor with nothing to grab onto and stand up. I guess this means my prodigy will be walking any day and she only turns 9 months old on Saturday. Lennah also got invited to her first kiddie birthday party that we are going to on Saturday. No more sitting there with a bunch of parents with no stories to share of my own especially when you really wanted to share a story or you get the so when are you going to have a baby harassment. I am sure a lot of you out there know what I am talking about when you have when to your friends kids' birthday party and everyone talks about how Johnny did this and Suzy did that and you totally feel alienated from the conversation. I have discovered not to do this around my other friends who are childless. My other new favorite has come from many people who do not know our situation is "oh now that you adopted you know you will get pregnant" A) how do you know I can't have kids because I adopted and B) who said I even care about biology when it comes to parenting. Oh! well. Oh! the worst part about going back to work is having no time to clean. Hopefully, in addition to spending massive time with Lennah this weekend I will be able to get the house clean. Enjoy the new pics. Oh! some of the pics are from when the Sereika family picked up Lilly at Lennah's orphanage so that was a nice surprise.









P.S. Thanks Lillian Bao Sereika for Lennah's Vietnamese baby doll.

2 comments:

The Ben Show said...

I wonder where the Sereika's got the doll? Love it. Your little genius is pretty impressive and sleeping through the night is a huge accomplishment! I don't know if I ever e-mailed you back about the dresses, but we'll pick them up and send them your way - don't worry about sending a check!

Anonymous said...

Your little girl is adorable! That doll is very cute. I hope my son is as good as your daughter about sleeping through the night. I followed your journey to get Lennah and I too cannot believe that you have been home four months already! Congrats!