Tuesday, August 21, 2007

One month since Gotcha Day



























Well, we have had Lennah for a month today. It is hard to believe that we have only had her for this short of time it seems like she has always been a part of our family. It definately has been an amazing time so far she is growing like a weed and I figure she is 17 pounds now. At the doctors 2 weeks ago she was 16.4 pounds and she has definately put on a good bit of weight since then. Last week I took Lennah to get her ears pierced. She was a real champ. She sat through the gun and then looked at me and cried for only about 30 seconds. I know it doesn't really hurt I think the sound just scared her.

We have also had a rough past few days. At the end of last week Lennah developed a bronchial infection and was wheezing really bad so the doctor put her on a nebulizer; she does not like that machine. Lennah has also cut some more teeth and now has 6 teeth. I think she reacts worse to the teething than anything else. However, while she was sick mommy and daddy caught up on some much needed rest because she slept through the night for 2 days. Low and behold once she felt better she is back to her 1:45 am bewitching hour.
Besides being sick everything else with her has been great. We have been visitng friends and just hanging together. On the weekends Keith spends a lot of time with her and gives me a chance to catch up on the house since she does occupy a lot of my time. He loves being with her and it is so cute to see him just gush over her. Today we had a great day and went to the mall, dropped off some stuff at work since I return next week, and I went to the dentist. She was a happy girl today especially since she is feeling a lot better and her teeth are not bothering her. I am not happy about returning to work because I will not spend all day with her but I know she is in good hands at Grandpa day care. I know I am really lucky to have my dad be willing to watch her almost 5 full days a week.
We have also had some friends return from picking up their son in China so we are excited we get to meet him this week. We are hoping that they become great friends. I am also posting a lot of photos since I have made a vow to take a picture a day of Lennah. I have been pretty good at this so far and only missed two days when we first got home because I was sick. We also got emailed our portraits that we took last week so I have to post those.

8 comments:

Christi Crow said...

Cathy,

I love the pictures! She is just amazing! If you have any extras, please send us a picture. We had some pictures done of our family about a week ago. I'll send you one when we get them!

Michelle said...

I can not believe a month has already gone since you got Lennah!! Looks like everyone is doing great!

Jessica and Eddie said...

I love all the pictures that you are posting of Lennah. The family picture is great and you guys look perfect together. I hope she gets to feeling better soon.

The Ben Show said...

I can't believe it's a month! She is beautiful, your family is beautiful... you must be over the moon!

Shannon said...

Cathy, she is just too cute for words. I am sorry she has not been feeling well but am glad she is feeling better!

Casey and Carra said...

Cathy, she is so beautiful! I can't believe it has been one month already. Take care and enjoy your last few weeks at home.

MandyJo013078 said...

Leannah is so cute! The family pictures are wonderful! I'm so happy for you! I enjoy reading your blog! Thanks so much for sharing your story!

Stacie said...

Your daughter is beautiful, Congratulations.