Friday, August 24, 2007

Hopefully Life Long Friends









Today Lennah and I had lunch with my friend Kim and her new son Sheridan. I guess to give everyone a background on this friendship and how God does work in mysterious ways I must go back to around the time of my referral. We accepted Lennah's referral on February 15 two days later I was leave for a cruise to the Caribbean. On the seond day of my cruise I was talking with my mom and other friends who had joined us about how when I return we need to have our homestudy amended. When I said this a man turned around and said are you adopting I said yes. He said us too. I then told him about Lennah and he told us about his son. He introduced me to his wife. Well low and behold they lived 15 minutes away from me and he too was a school teacher. To me it just seems like such a small world when you are almost in Mexico, you meet people adopting from China who live only minutes from you. From that day on we have become friends and I truly believe that God put these people in our lives and he put us into theirs. Today, was beautiful watching both these children together after both of our families waiting months to have them. We even received travel dates within weeks of each other and the day they left we were returning. Hopefully, these children will grow to be life long friends. Kim and I even joke around about how we will arrange their marriage. I am sure we looked bizarre taking photos in a local Mexican restaurant but we were thrilled to see them together.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow! What a great story!! This process can be hard, but it sure does bring people together. Children, parents and even friends! Adoption is such a blessing in so many ways.

ps. I LOVE the first picture of Lennah! She looks like she is giggling because she got away with doing something mischievous :)

Donna said...

Two peas in a very special pod :)

Unknown said...

How awesome! We cant wait to meet Sheridan soon!