Saturday, August 4, 2007

We're Home











Ahhh! Home sweet home. After many hours in airports and fighting jet lag I am able to take a few minutes to post while Lennah sleeps. Well, we left Vietnam on Wednesday evening we did have some flight issues. When we got to the airport they had said that our domestic flight was confirmed so we did not have to fly standby. When we finally got to LAX and ran to catch our flights they told us that we were still booked for Friday and that we wouldn't be able to get a flight until the morning. I asked for a manager and they got us on standby for the next flight after all; luckily we had a high priority and made it so we arrived home Thursday morning around 11. We are so happy to be home we missed our animals, real food, out own bed, etc. Our trip was great but we definately are spoiled Americans and missed every comfort of home. Do not get me wrong our trip was wonderful but we realize how lucky we are to live in such a great country where our children do not have to sell postcards on the streets at 10 years old to help pay for rent and pay for school. As Americans we take so much for granted and we really do not know what poverty is. We really should thank God every day that we are Americans.

Now for our home life. Lennah has become a handful. When we first got home she let me put her in the baby einstein once and that was it. I will lucky enough to get some pictures of her in there. She has a stubborn streak and will not bend. It could be from the jet lag, we can't put her down and leave her sight. She hates anything that confines or restrains her so every typical baby gadget causes problems. You put her in the pack and play and she screams. She gets angry looks at us and yells. Keith thinks its amusing but I really hope we can get her over this since I will be back to work in a few weeks. Grandma stayed to help out last night which was nice but she still woke me up since she did not know how to mix her bottles so I still had interupted sleep but it was definately helpful. And now of course that we are back I am coming down with a sinus infection so it will definately take us a few more days to be back to normal.

3 comments:

Living to Love said...

Glad to hear you made it home! I hope that Lennah gives ya a little break soon! I will be praying for you and for that sinus infection to get outta town soon!

Michelle said...

We were glad to see you all home safe! I hope you are able to get some much needed rest, so you will be able to get on the road to feeling better.

Shannon said...

Welcome home!! Wow, she is a total doll!! I know you are thrilled to finally have her home! Has it even set in yet? Well, as hard as it may be--get some rest!!! Congratulations and again,I am glad you made it home safe!

Very Best,
shannon