Thursday, March 14, 2013

One week

One week from tonight. I leave to get our baby girl. I am scared, nervous, excited, and just about every other emotion you can have right now. I have never been away from the kids or Keith for two weeks so I am so worried and already missing them. I am worried that they may miss me too and that is a long time for kids to be away from their momma. I am nervous about flying (yep I do get a little anxiety over flying). I am also terrified about adopting a toddler since it is an age we have not experienced. Lennah's adjustment was a piece of cake. I think Keith and I just went into fell throttle mode of becoming parents. It seemed so natural. Delylah adjusted great, I think I had a harder time of adjusting to two children under two and the worries that you might not love your other child because you loved your first so much that you thought you could never love another (so not the case because our love grew for our kids even more). Everyone is always concerned about adopting older kids but honestly I don't even think going from two to five kids that were older shook us up. Yeah they had adjustments and bumps in the road but they knew what was going on. Heather, Logan, and Zach spoke english, they were from America and not leaving every comfort they know behind. They also got the luxury of meeting us before they became apart of our family. So in a sense they have had a pretty easy going adjustment for being older children. Taite is two so I think her transition may be the hardest yet. At two you still can't fully verbalize everything you want or need and you get frustrated. Well I am worried that this may be magnified because not only can you not fully express yourself but you do not speak a lick of the language ther person who is taking care of you does. She is going to go from bonding with me for almost two weeks to come home to a house full of strangers who want to dress her up, carry her around, and play with her because they have been loving on her picture and want to be the big brothers and sisters they have been for a year and she has had no clue about them. She also will have to get used to noise from 3 loud barking dogs and a cat (yep it is certainly a loud house).
Yep! I think we have a bumpy road ahead. I know God does not put more on us than we can handle and he will certainly see us through but we already know that we love her. In just a little more than a week she will officially become Taite Annabelle Paulsen and a new chapter of her life will unfold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for ya'll! I love watching your family grow and am amazed at how God has guided your unique path! I pray Taite's adjustment is easy considering the situation. Can't wait to see the journey! Prayers and blessing!