Thursday, March 22, 2007

Are we lucky





Sometimes you get completely surprised. Today I was at work and of all things I checked my email at 2:00 when my kids go to their connections classes and I received 4 new pictures today. This was such a surprise because the last batch came 8 days ago. I guess I might as well share some of my leg work this week. This week I have contacted lawyers regarding readoption here in georgia in case my husband does not travel. My husband is out of vacation time this year because he was going to school at Devry and had to complete an internship. This internship ate up all his vacation time and we cannot afford for him to go to Vietnam and go unpaid for 3 weeks. I on the other hand am off for the summer since I am a school teacher and if worse came to worse I have sick time built up in case her giving and receiving dates runs later than I plan. Anyway, we weighed our options and it is only about $1200 for the readoption with the lawyer and court fees. This is way less than my husband missing 3 weeks of work. So unfortunately, I will go without him but his Aunt will be accompanying me on our travels. At least some of you may get an idea of what it may cost if only one spouse travels and your spouse has to readopt. I really wish my husband and I could both go but several thousand dollars is too much to lose.

No comments: