Thursday, March 1, 2007

Frustration and joy




I just discovered this journal so I am starting a little late in our adoption journey. Anyway, we accepted the referral of a waiting child on Februaru 15th of a beautiful girl born on December 1,2006. Her Vietnamese name is Nguyen Thanh Thuy but we are going to name her Lennah Abigail. Since her acceptance it has been a frustrating ride because all I want to do is get all the paperwork correct so she can come home to her mommy and daddy. Ahh! Of course today I discovered there was another problem with our paperwork. My husband and I are from California and New York and now we have to send our birth certificates to be authenticated. I assumed because these were state documents that they did not need this step. Plus I mis read the instructions for the dossier checklist. It just seems like everytime I have the paperwork right I messed something up again. It is frustrating, I just want to break down and cry because we know our little girl is thousands of miles away and we cannot get to her. I am a teacher and I am hoping that I can travel in the summer so I do not have to miss that much work.
Well, to catch up everyone up I should go to the beginning of our story. My husband and I were trying to have a baby and could not get pregnant. I was convinced that there was something wrong with me but it turned out that my hubby had the mumps (rare these days) and this caused him to have a low sperm count. We were upset but I have always wanted to adopt a baby from China and knew that we would still have a family through adoption. The only problem we faced was our age. We were both under 30 and figured we needed to wait. Well, we contacted CHI and they turned our interests to Vietnam because we met all their requirements and would not have to wait 2 more years to begin our journey. This was last March. Well we got our paperwork in and began our journey here. It really went fairly smooth for the first few months , the only snags we had was that the government was too lazy to figure out our monthly incomes. How hard was it to divide our combined salaries by 12. But, everything happens for a reason and now we have a wonderful little girl that is waiting for us in Ho Chi Minh City.
That is all for Today!! Hopefully tomorrow will be less frustrating.

No comments: