Friday, March 2, 2007

More Craziness

Well, I thought yesterday was pretty bad but today was worse when it came to trying to get our paperwork straight. Here is my warning to everyone born in New York City, it could take weeks to get your papers in order if you have moved out of the state. I called New York because I discovered I needed to get my birth certificate authenticated; well they tell me that there is an extra step and I have the wrong kind of birth certificate. That meant having two more steps and wasting a lot more time. I needed to order a long form birth certificate with a letter of exemplification and I certainly did not understand what that meant but whatever. They would have to send that to me then I would send it back to NY to the County Clerks office wait for them to send it back and then back to the Secretary of State. This would have taken at least six weeks. I was ready to have a break down. Luckily, my best friend who lives in Jersey is going to take care of the last two steps for me so I can have my wait time cut down to maybe a week and a half with overnight mail. Thank the lord for Lennah's Aunt Jaime and Uncle Adam who will be saving her from spending extra nights away from her family. Please all of you be warned New York will cost you extra weeks in your paperwork so be prepared.

No comments: