Friday, August 22, 2008

Coming Home

Delylah is the easiest baby in the world. To start off our journey we had our four hour flight on Ethiopia air to Dubai. While waiting to board the plane I met a Canadian couple who also adopted a 7 month old. She was so cute. They told the people with babies to come to the front and wait a minute. While I was waiting someone else told me to board the plane. I should have waited because the Canadian couple was upgraded to first class. I probably would have had a more spacious journey but all was well because Delylah was a breeze. We had an 8 hour layover in Dubai and it was not bad at all. I hung out with the Canadian couple because they had 12 hours to kill. I also met a woman from the States who moved to Kuwait and converted to Islam. That was an interesting conversation. I was so relieved that the airport had a Starbucks and a McDonalds because I missed American food desperately. We had a 15 hour flight to Atlanta and I have to say there is no way I could have done this flight if it was Lennah and I was alone. Delylah slept fairly well in the bassinet which meant that momma actually got some sleep. People were very nice and constantly were offering help. Considering we had almost 30 hours in airports we all did quite well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, that is so good. Go Delylah!

Beth and Ryan said...

Glad you guys are home! Can't wait to see little Delylah during our next visit to a First Friday in Atlanta. Thanks for sharing your pictures and your story.
Beth Drafts