Monday, August 18, 2008

Day 3 Ethiopia

The other family at the guest house and Magda

Abraham and Delylah








View from the Old Milk House






Day three was much more exciting than Day 2 because we ventured out a bit more and had out embassy appointment. To kick off our adventures, Abraham our driver took us to lunch at the Old Milk House restaurant. I actually enjoyed the food quite a bit because since we stayed local on the second day I ate at the Italian restaurant for lunch and dinner; so obviously this was a nice change. We later went shopping which I just picked up some traditional outfits for Delylah and some gifts for the family back home. We finally got to the embassy and everything went smooth. I had been so worried up until this point that something could go wrong and they tell us that we would not have our visa by Wednesday causing me to get stuck in Ethiopia (because of returning missionaries Flights are booked up until after labor day). I felt so relieved that my fears were not coming to pass. Our druver later took me to Baldi coffee which is Ethiopia's version of starbucks. He later took me to a traditional Ethiopia restaurant for dinner. I am not too keen on Ethiopian food but the veggies were quite good.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

this baby is beyond beautiful

G&K said...

Glad to see you both safely back home. The photos are great. Thanks for sharing. Delylah is looking wonderful.

Special K said...

Delylah is just gorgeous. I'm afraid Lennah may have competition! Micah looked and Delylah's picture and asked if he could give her a toy!

Welcome home and congratulations!

Aimee said...

How fun to read and look at the pics and relive my own ET experience.