Friday, August 15, 2008

Dubai









I guess I will catch everyone up as best as I can post by post. I left Atlanta on Thursday evening and arrived in Dubai Friday night. I have to say I actually slept fairly well on the plane. Tylenol PM can work wonders when you are anxious to get to your new baby. I get off the plane and was extremely nervous but decided to catch a taxi to at least see a bit of Dubai since I had nine hours to kill. I have to say this was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. I spent an hour or so just having the taxi drive me to see the city. I got to see the tallest building in the world and the famous sailboat hotel in Dubai. I was amazed at how modern Dubai is and how much western influence was there. They had all the same food chains like we have such as TGIFridays,McDonalds, etc. I even passed by the mall that has the indoor skis resort. Yep in 106 degree weather in Dubai you can ski in the middle of a mall behind a glass wall that keeps the man made snow frozen. I was in total awe and cannot wait to return there someday with Keith. I also have to say it was the cleaniest airport I had ever been in. I really am glad I chose this flight rather than doing two shorter stops because it was so beautiful. If I ever have to have a long layover again Dubai is the place to be. Here are some pics of my short visit to the Middle East. Sorry they are not better since it was night time and I was in a taxi.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

...will be waiting for more. COngrats and will continue to pray

Steve and Aimee Walker said...

You must be so excited to be home. I can't wait to see some pics of Delylah.