Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Last Day in Ethiopia





























My last day in Ethiopia turned out to be my most enjoyable one. To start off the day my driver took us back to lunch at the Old Milk House. From there we visited the History museum where Lucy is housed. It was a small but quaint museum and gave me a little insight into the history of the country. I took lots of pictures so I could share with Delylah someday. From there we visited the orphanage to have Delylah's farewell ceremony which is just one of the nannies freshly roasting some coffee beans over a charcoal type smoker and then grinding the beans fresh. It was interestin to watch this process done by hand. Although it was a nice day is was very sad to spend so much time with the kids and not be able to take more children with me. A lot of the kids tug at your heart and we really would have liked to be able to adopt an older child along with Delylah. However, our it was strongly urged to us that we not adopt out of birth order. It is just so hard knowing that many of those kids many never have a mommy or daddy. From Delylah's orphanage we visited the other Enat orphanage to take some pictures for some other waiting families. Later we went to dinner at a nice hotel restaurant and I headed back to the guest house to pack. I did not do as much shopping as I would have liked because I was so nervous about going out in a foreign country alone.

4 comments:

G&K said...

The photos are great. Thanks for catching us up on your trip. I hope Delylah is adjusting quickly. Can't wait to see her and Lennah together.

Christi Crow said...

Cathy, she is absolutely gorgeous! It is so good to see her in your arms finally.

Christi Crow said...

Cathy, she is absolutely gorgeous! It is so good to see her in your arms finally.

Aimee said...

The nanny in the third picture down was Brynly's favorite. It is nice to see her loving on Delylah too.