Saturday, August 16, 2008

Getting Delylah

After my first bath
Delylah and one of her nannies





Mommy getting me dressed


Delylah and Emebet





When I first saw Delylah

Abel

I did not enjoy my flight from Duabi to Ethiopia. The plane probably came out of the Soviet Era it was so old. I got off the plane and it took forever to receive my luggage and almost noone else was waiting so I thought my luggage was either lost or stolen but finally after a long wait it showed up. Then to really get me worried our agency reps were not at the airport when I first got out. I totally freaked and did not know what to do. When I finally found a way to call the states and waste ten bucks to make one phone call our rep showed up apologizing about the wait. I just did not want to be in a foreign country with no where to go or not knowing what to do. I checked into the guest house, took a shower, and was off the meet our newest angel. I did not know what to expect and was probably delirious from exictement, fear from traveling alone and everything else one could imagine. When I got to the orphanage the first child I saw was my very good friend Jamie's child Abel who is a hoot. I was so excited to see him because in our last adoption she got to meet Lennah first so this time I will not have to go a long time without meeting her newest addition. I took pics of some of the kids while I waited for Delylah. They finally brought her in and I have to say I think I was more in shock. The first adoption I was overwhelmed and this time I think I was more in surprise that yes now I am a mommy of two. I got to change her into one of her new outfits and hang out with more of the kids. Honestly, I left quite depressed because I wanted to take the kids with me. Delylah and I spent the rest of the day hanging out and getting to know each other. I was really sad that Keith and Lennah were not there for the experience.

No comments: